What are business listings?
Business listings are online profiles that contain basic business information (name, address, phone number, website, etc.) and other pertinent details, such as products, services, hours, photos, reviews, and service areas. These business profile pages exist within online consumer marketplaces used to search for products and services.
What are online business directories?
- Business directories are websites that list all businesses within a specific category. Businesses can be categorized by industry, services, products, location, activity, or size.
- Business directories are similar to search engines, where potential customers search within that directory to find relevant businesses, products, or services.
- Yelp, Foursquare and Yellow Pages are examples of online business directories, just like its predecessor, the traditional print Yellow Pages or phone book.
- Business directories can also be in the form of maps, apps, GPS platforms, social media networks, and search engines.
What are the benefits of business listings?
- Positions your business in front of potential customers searching for your products or services within a multitude of online business directories.
- Displays business contact information to the searcher, allowing them to call you, get directions to the business location, or visit your website.
- Provides maximum exposure to potential customers searching on mobile devices, which is roughly 50%+ of all searches conducted.
- Increases your digital visibility online by creating referrals from all business listings to your website, improving the authority of your business for search engines.
Why does every business need a business listings solution?
Today, 4 out of 5 consumers search for local businesses online. When consumers find incorrect information about your business online, 73% lose trust in that business. Over 40% of business location information online is inaccurate. Inaccurate information will not only result in losing potential customers, but will also affect your digital presence and authority negatively.
- Consumers spend roughly $10 billion/year with local businesses resulting from searches within online business directories.
- Inaccurate or incomplete business listings information causes businesses to lose potential customers searching for exactly what they provide.
- Unverified or inconsistent business listings can negatively affect your digital exposure and ability to win new customers.
- There is no permanent record or single source of business location data online, making it very difficult to manage.
- There are many business directories and each has its own database and method of compiling business listing data.
- Most digital agencies use data aggregators that submit only basic information, which does not verify and optimize business listing information, or suppress duplicate business listings.
- Data aggregators business information can take up to 4 -6 months to publish.
- To understand their business listings performance reporting and status.